|Check the local AvGas prices here||
Take a look at our latest events:
|Check out our new Student Scholarship program|
Meeting: Thursday, May 9
WWII Bomber Flight Crews
Share Wartime Flight Experiences
Hayward Airport - Executive Hangar 13
Refreshments & BBQ 5:30pm - 6:45pm / Meeting 7:00pm
Please join us for our May VAA Chapter 29 meeting featuring a round table discussion by
WWII bomber flight crew members!
- Chuck Sapper - B-17 Pilot 390th BG 8th AF
- John Gilchrist - B-17 Pilot 368th BS, 390th BG, 3rd Div. 8th AF
- Heber Smith - B-17 Bombardier 94th BG
- Bill Hermann - B-17 Bombardier 413th BS 96 BG
- Leroy Parker - B-24 Navigator 67th BS 44th BG 2nd Air Division 8th AF
They will present a discussion of their missions in the B-17 and B-24. This is a unique opportunity to hear firsthand accounts of actual flight crew experiences during a crucial time in the world's history.
We are extremely fortunate to have the honor to host these heroic men and this also coincides with the EAA B-17's annual visit. We look forward to seeing you on May 9th!