The Young Eagles program is sponsored by the Experimental Aircraft
Association. It is designed to expose young people to aviation by
providing FREE rides in private aircraft flown by
experienced EAA member pilots. Since it's inception in 1992, over
1.9 MILLION children have been given rides! World renowned
Champion Aerobatic pilot Sean D. Tucker has been the Young Eagles
Chairman since 2013. He is the fifth chair of Young Eagles, following
behind the late Cliff Robertson, Gen. Chuck Yeager, Harrison Ford and
co-chairmen Sully Sullenberger & Jeff Skiles.
- Youth Organizations
If you would like to participate in one of our Young Eagles
Rallies, please send an email to our Young Eagles coordinator
Parents must fill out and complete a registration/release form
available the day of the flight. More information for parents
can be found here.
- Take Interstate Highway 880 (the Nimitz Freeway) to the "A" Street exit
- Go West on “A” Street until you reach Hesperian Blvd. (about half a mile)
- Cross over Hesperian Blvd (Target will be on your right)
- Make a left at the light onto SkyWest Drive.
- When Home Depot is on your left, turn right.
- We will be in the Administration Building next to the Control Tower.
- February 25 (2017)
- March 25 (2017)
- April 22 (2017)
- May 20 (2017) [Note - 3rd Sat]
- June 24 (2017)
- July 29 (2017) [Note - 5th Sat]
- August 26 (2017)
- September 23 (2017)
- October 28 (2017)
- December 9 (2017) [Note - 2nd Sat]
We will see you at the next Rally!
Young Eagles program
Young Eagles brochure
Young Eagles Rally Safety Procedures
Information for Parents
Air Academy program
Rod Machado wrote a wonderful article for parents in AOPA magazine outlining the virtues of exposing kids to aviation.